Monday, July 28, 2014

Prophetic

“‘In the last days, God says,
    I will pour out my Spirit on all people.

Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
    your young men will see visions,
    your old men will dream dreams." Acts 2:17

This passage of scripture has been heavy on my heart for some time now. With the news of Israel's uprest all over the media and the ever- increasing wickedness you see from day to day. It doesn't scare me, but inspires me! 

I don't know about you but I want to prophesy if we are in the last days! As I sit here and put the final touches on my upcoming book as it's in the editing stage, I am in awe of God. I am in awe because he used me, to minister to other people through a book and a blog, no less. Here I always thought my calling was to minister to people through song and worship. But when pen comes to paper, I can't write a song lyric to save my life!  (At least not one that is any good!) 

But here I am pouring out my heart and soul into a book that shares my testimony and a blog that bares my soul. What are the two ways we can defeat the enemy? "...And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony" Revelation 12:11. This scripture has never proven to be more true in my life than now. Satan doesn't want me to share with other people. He wants me to keep quiet and he'll do everything he can to silence me. But God had other plans.

God had something different in mind when he whispered my name. "But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong" 1 Corinthians 1:27 says. 

If God, is going to pour out His Spirit in the last days, then I want to be apart of the outpouring! I challenge you to seek God on how He wants to use you! As a body of Christ we all serve a function. Seek Him for what yours is. Not one single person can do what you do just the way you do it. God needs you, I need you and other people need you too.

If in your whole lifetime, you might lead one person to Christ, then count it all worth it! It is all speculation as to when Christ will return but even Satan reads the signs and wonders to figure it out so he can ready his assault on Christians. Be aware and be ready to stand! Let's let his Holy Spirit break out...on us, our homes and on our cities!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting Michelle! What a wonderful Word! Not a time to be frightened but to stand just like you said and give the Word to a lost world!

    ReplyDelete