Monday, March 9, 2015

What No One Wants To Talk About

- In 2013, two Rockwall girls committed suicide within one month of each other. They were 14 and 15 years old.
- Last month in the same community, a 12 year old girl ended her life at the school she attended. 
- You might have heard of the famous teen, aka "The Laser Cat Teen", who ended his life recently. 
-I had a relative and a friend's son commit suicide over the holidays. 

This is a topic that makes my stomach turn. I know all too familiar the feelings associated with this kind of despair that when I hear a news story begin on the television, covering another suicide, I usually tend to quickly turn it off. I have closed that door in my life, never wanting to look back, until recently.

When I went through my most recent crisis with depression and anxiety about three years ago, I was faced with that ugly demon's face. That is exactly how I think about it too. Every one of these demons have a name and I think some are called "suicide", "depression", "insecurity", "fear", and the list goes on. 

I know what your probably thinking, "Wow Michelle, you are going pretty deep here". But let's go here for a moment, let's talk about something NO ONE wants to talk about. This needs to stop! For ourselves and for our kids, this needs to end. 

We need to stop building each other up and speaking life into other people and our situations, and stop tearing other people and even ourselves down! 

Listen, believer when you are a Bible quoting, Holy Spirit operating, daughter of the King, you are a force to be reckoned with! If Satan can pull the wool over your eyes and make you think life isn't worth living, then he will! If he has used this tactic on you in the past, he will use it again...So let the negative thoughts and hateful internal dialogue stop... TODAY!...You just may be sick and tired of your situation; perhaps you are fed up and overwhelmed. God sees that and he catches every teardrop. He is holding out his arms asking to jump in and help you. Life is messy and chaotic and people get hurt along the way, but we were never meant to do it alone. All He asks us to do is trust Him and love Him. 
~An Excerpt from my new book 



This is a part of the "Robe of Love" chapter in a section called "Love Yourself". It is vital to learn how to properly love others and I can't tell you how many times I have heard people say they need to hear this specific part of the book because of someone they knew who was pondering suicide. 

So if you or someone you know needs to read this book and learn how to arm yourselves with the Word of God and devour the promises He has for them, I am offering something really special. 

Email me at michellemoore.heartssong@gmail.com and I will sell you a copy of my book, signed and with a special note in it for that special person in your life that needs a little extra encouragement for only $10 until April 1, 2015. Please include your name and address along with the above info, I will send a paypal invoice in reply for payment. 

I will not make any money on this, it will be solely book cost plus shipping. I want people to hear the good news and instead of leaving a suicide letter for their family, I want them to read God's love letter to them! Please share this on your facebook or twitter page and add #armyourself or @michellem_mhs. 


My favorite love letter in God's word starts in Psalm 139. Enjoy this verson put to song by Gateway Worship...

3 comments:

  1. That looks like a great book!! So many of these kids have nobody to talk to. We just need to make sure that our own children know that they can come to us, youth pastors, etc. in any situation!! Praying for those families. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing sounding book! This definitely needs to be talked about!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So thankful you've written a book like this. It's a question I've wondered a lot lately, "How would we live differently if we became CONVINCED that Jesus loves us always?"

    ReplyDelete