Monday, March 16, 2015

Dear Bully


Dear Bully,

The one that confronts my child at school- Do you not know your words hold life or death over my child? No probably not, well let me inform you what God has to say about it..."The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat it's fruit" Proverbs 18:21. If you speak life as in encouragement, praise and other positive and edifying things to other people you will sow seed into that person's life. It then begins to grow and produce good fruit and a foundation they can build on for the rest of their lives.

But because you chose to speak death into someone by name calling, making crude jokes, ridiculing them for their appearance or size and belittling them, you also sow a seed. A seed that withers and rots and can grow into hatred and despair into that very person's spirit over time.

Whatever you choose to speak and sow into someone else's life begins to sow seed into yours also. Bad deeds do not go unpunished and because someone may not see you in the bathroom bullying that other child or you may have an alias you use to type mean and hurtful things about someone else in the cyber world, don't think it goes unseen. Let me leave you with age old wisdom- If you don't have anything nice to say, KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!

The one that I face as an adult when I find myself comparing my life, kids, job to someone elses- This can be a bully we face internally or one that actually has a name and a face and is a person constantly telling us what we are doing wrong and how we could do it better. Perhaps its a face of criticism and judgement. You might find these types around the watercooler or the PTA meeting. Perhaps another parent at your son's ballgame or even a family member that thinks they are helping when really they are hurting. 

Know this and say this to that person. I am doing the very best I can and I don't need someone telling me when I fail. Why? Because even when I fail and make a mistake, I still live under grace. Perhaps not yours, but my Lord's and that is all that matters. What this grace is defined as is undeserved favor. I don't deserve it nor do I earn it, but I live under it and for Him, I am enough. Everything I do, I do it unto the Lord and He says I am good enough, smart enough and my children are enough for him. I don't have to be enough for you or meet your expectations. I just need to lay my head down on the pillow every night knowing I did my best and that is all God ever asks me to do everyday. 

I may not have the nicest car or the best house, the coolest clothes or the most well behaved children but I have a heavenly reward waiting on me. We may not receive all of our rewards living as Christians on this earth but I am content in knowing that my reward and treasure is being stockpiled in heaven and is waiting on me. "Whatever may be your task, work at it heartily (from the soul) [something done] for the Lord and not for men. Knowing [with all certainty] that is from the Lord [and not from men] that you will receive the inheritance which is your [real] reward. [The One Whom] you are actually serving [is] the Lord Christ [the Messiah]"(Colossians 3:23-24).

The one that I face in my mind- Devil you have no hold over me! You come to me in many forms...insecurity, depression, anxiety and fear. I am tired of it. The negativity that you spew into my life and the lies that have held me in bondage, are over. 

I will not listen to you and give you that kind of power over my life anymore. I am done with holding back and being too afraid of moving forward. I have a heavenly army that is behind me and a powerful God that goes before me. 

Every time you want to remind me of my past and my failures, let me remind you of your future. It is already been written and you lose! Get out of my way, I have a life to live and demons to step on. You have no authority over my mind, my home, my children, my marriage or any of my friendships. I ask you to leave and I place my future in God's hands- no better place it could be. No matter what may come my way, I am not alone and I will no longer listen to the lie that says I am!

Sincerely devoted to Jesus Christ,
Michelle
Daughter of the King of Kings

Song by TobyMac "Speak Life"

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this. I am praying not only for our family but the boy that did this. He needs major change in his life so that he does not hurt anyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even before I read to the bottom of this post, I had the TobyMac Speak Life song in my head. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete