Monday, July 23, 2012

In Christ


In one of my Tuesday night bible studies, we were asked to discuss what we thought the phrase "In Christ" meant to us. So I began to think about who I was in Christ. What is is my identity according to His word? Who does the Bible say I am suppose to be? 

So I did some study and of course this is in no way anywhere near ALL the Bible has to say about us as believers in Christ. These are a just a few scriptures to encourage you as you speak them over your life and into your heart.

For space sake I didn't write out all the scriptures, but I did put where you can find them. Nothing, no book, blog, youtube video can beat opening God's word and seeing what revelation God gives YOU!!

-Romans 8:15-1~ I am a King's daugther!

The Message (MSG) 15-17This resurrection life you received from God is not a timid, grave-tending life. It's adventurously expectant, greeting God with a childlike "What's next, Papa?" God's Spirit touches our spirits and confirms who we really are. We know who he is, and we know who we are: Father and children. And we know we are going to get what's coming to us—an unbelievable inheritance! We go through exactly what Christ goes through. If we go through the hard times with him, then we're certainly going to go through the good times with him!

-Romans 8:37-39~ I am loved!

Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)37 But in all these troubles we have complete victory through God, who has shown his love for us. Yes, I am sure that nothing can separate us from God’s love—not death, life, angels, or ruling spirits. I am sure that nothing now, nothing in the future, no powers, nothing above us or nothing below us—nothing in the whole created world—will ever be able to separate us from the love God has shown us in Christ Jesus our Lord.

-Psalm 112~ I am blessed and victorious!

(Open God's word on this one!)

-Hebrews 4:16~ I know that God hears me!

Amplified Bible (AMP)16 Let us then fearlessly and confidently and boldly draw near to the throne of grace (the throne of God’s unmerited favor to us sinners), that we may receive mercy [for our failures] and find grace to help in good time for every need [appropriate help and well-timed help, coming just when we need it].

-Ezekiel 37:14~ He brings me alive with his Spirit!

Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)14 I will put my Spirit [a] in you, and you will come to life again. Then I will lead you back to your own land. Then you will know that I am the LORD. You will know that I said this and that I made it happen.’” This is what the LORD said.

-1 John 1:5-7~ I am light in this dark world!

Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)We heard the true teaching from God. Now we tell it to you: God is light, and in him there is no darkness. So if we say that we share in life with God, but we continue living in darkness, we are liars, who don’t follow the truth. We should live in the light, where God is. If we live in the light, we have fellowship with each other, and the blood sacrifice of Jesus, God’s Son, washes away every sin and makes us clean.

-Philippians 1:28~ I am fearless, courageous and victorious!

Amplified Bible (AMP)28 And do not [for a moment] be frightened or intimidated in anything by your opponents and adversaries, for such [constancy and fearlessness] will be a clear sign (proof and seal) to them of [their impending] destruction, but [a sure token and evidence] of your deliverance and salvation, and that from God.

-Romans 8:1-2~I am free!

New International Version (NIV)Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you[a] free from the law of sin and death.

-Psalm 103:12~ I am forgiven!

New International Version (NIV)12 as far as the east is from the west,
    so far has he removed our transgressions from us.

-Psalm 139:14~ I  am valuable!

New International Version (NIV)14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

-Psalm 139:1-12~ I am never alone!

(Open God's word on this one!)

-Jeremiah 29:11~ I have hope and a future!

Amplified Bible (AMP)11 For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome.

As you meditate on these and dive more into God's word, listen to this new incredible song by Kari Jobe. It is a powerful song reminding us of the authority we have in Christ and that He is with us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment