Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Dream


"Make a careful exploration of who you are and the work you have been given, and then sink yourself into that. Don't be impressed with yourself. Don't compare yourself with others. Each of you must take responsibility for doing the creative best you can with your own life" Galatians 6:4-5 (MSG). 

So if you have read any of my past blogs, you'll know that everything I have written about, I had to learn myself. I can't hope to share anything with you that might convict, heal and inspire you without it doing so to me first. So if I take all the titles from my past blogs and put together what has lead up to today, this is what I get: I wake up every "Good Morning" to ask the Lord to give me a new "Perspective" for my day. I store up my "Treasure" by "Listening" to the Holy Spirit and allowing God to "Keep the Peace" within my heart, mind and soul. He helps me to keep "Running the Race" without my foot falling into "The Perfect Trap". By staying "In Christ", I don't have to wonder if I am "Hot or Cold" and I can live victoriously with "A Confident Faith". 

A bit cheesy, perhaps, but I say all this to say that by blogging all these revelations, sharing my most personal progress and opening myself up like this has been my own "careful exploration of who I am". I love sharing God's word with others. I want other women to know that they are not alone in their struggles. I hope that by spreading the word that the Bible is not a mere book of legend, but a source of strength and power that is neglected and most of the time misunderstood. 

I have discovered that I have more than one gift, I always thought it to be worship and serving the Lord through music all my life. But I have underestimated myself. Not because I am above anyone, or some great speaker or author that is on the NY Times bestseller, but because I am me. I am the only Michelle Moore, with a set of particular gifts, talents and abilities that rival no other. When the Holy Spirit flows through me and I allow Him to use me then He "is able to do immeasurably more than we ask or imagine" ( Ephesians 3:20, NIV). 

Writing like this is not really all that new for me. I've done it for years in journals, that I show....no one. Perhaps I would, on occasion, read an entry to my mom or husband, but only recently has the Lord been speaking me to open up a little more, then a little more and then some more! I am now to the point of saying, "Ok, God where are you going with all this?" He is showing me that I have another gift. One I never realized as a gift before. Perhaps you have untapped potential that has been laying dormant for years. Do you feel a calling on your life that you have suppressed due to lack of time? I understand that family, marriage and work commitments are very important but so is fulfilling the ministry God has called you to. We all have one. If you feel like you don't, read the above scripture from Galatians and pray it to the Lord, ask Him to show you how you can do your "creative best with your own life". For me, it started blogging and I am beginning to feel the tuggings of somewhere further, dreams I have never had before. We need to show God that we can be good and faithful stewards of the gifts He gives us or we don't need to be expecting to go much further. 

We all need to remember what Ephesians 2:10 says, "We are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared for us to do." Wherever you are, whatever you are doing, no matter how little your resources or the size of your circle of influence, begin asking God to use you right where you are.

Below is an excellent song, representing Abraham and Sarah and their hope of the future God had promised for them. Even when the odds are stacked against you, God can allow his glory to shine through! "Who but you, would ever choose to dream your dream in me? Who but you would dare me to believe what I can't see?"

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this post, Michelle! I thank God everyday for you and what God is doing in your life! You certainly ministerd to me today!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete