Friday, February 22, 2013

Waiting


"...Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, "Move from here to there", and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." Matthew 17:20


I am entering day 4 of recovery for my youngest son's tonsillectomy. It has felt like the longest 4 days ever. This recovery is brutal. He is in so much pain and there are so many side effects and potential complications that want to keep my mind spinning with the "what ifs". There have been times where I held him tightly through his screams wondering, "What have I done to my baby?"  

I know there will an end to this, I know his pain will stop and he will recover and everyone says I won't regret it. His constant throat infections will stop and his breathing will improve during sleep but I am just waiting... so God give me the peace of heart and mind to keep a healthy attitude and mindset while I wait for his healing. 
I have prayed this experience will draw us closer as a family as we rely on each other and take shifts with a very upset four year old who is very vocal about his discomfort. 


Through all of this I awoke at 2 am realizing that I am not the only one waiting on something. I have a few friends and family who are waiting on their breakthroughs. My mom and stepdad are moving back to Texas and they have a lot of decisions to make. They are not only selling a house and closing a business but opening a business and buying a house, all within 60 days. It is a very stressful and trying time and they are praying that God will lead and guide them to the right decision and move any obstacles in their way. 

I have a good friend who recently their insurance denied the claim for their son to get the treatment he needs for his disorder that would greatly help him. After talking to her she said they are not giving up and will appeal and fight for this treatment option, knowing the benefits their son will receive are worth it. 


What are you waiting for? A healing, breakthrough, even a miracle is right around the corner. God knows what you need before you even ask and no heartache and hurt, no obstacle or hurdle, no trial or test surprises Him. He knew we had the strength to endure these different things before one of them came to be. I have heard a Joyce Meyer quote, "Patience is not the ability to wait but the attitude you have while you are waiting."

Let's pray together that God gives us the right attitude and make the right choices during our periods of waiting. When we apply faith, prayer and trust our mountains begin to move.



1 comment:

  1. Love your blog. Yes, we are all waiting and it is good to be reminded of our attitude as we wait. Thank you Michelle for your blogs. You bless my heart every time. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete