Monday, September 29, 2014

Untouchable

When people meet me, they might think that I haven't had one hard day in my life. I recently had a family member ask someone close to me, "What could she have possibly gone through for her to have that kind of testimony?" They might look at me and call me something of a goody two shoes.  I have even had people afraid to approach me or confide in me because I might seem judgmental. Why is that?

Is it because I have judged them? Is it that I have had my whole life easy and know nothing of heartbreak? Am I un-relatable or untouchable? Do I have the faith of something that is no longer relevant or applicable to today's society? I think not.



You see I am not perfect, I have not led a perfect life. I have gotten to where I am by an extremely narrow path that had I not stopped to sense for God's direction, I probably would have missed it completely. A lot of people don't know what I have gone through to get to where I am and I would not wish it on my worst enemy. I have tasted the valley of death, I have walked through darkness for months of my life, I have turned my back on God and family and opened doors of sin to enter in and change me. I have experienced heartbreak, burden and hardship just like you.

You see, I am not immune to the evil in this world. The only difference was that I was not alone. I was never alone and Jesus held my hand through every up and down in my life. I just had enough discernment in my life to know when the Holy Spirit was speaking to me and guiding me out of the darkness into life.

I don't want to be perceived as a Pharisee, as I am not. Perhaps you feel conviction when you see my life. I understand that I am the only Bible some people will ever read and I strive my best to live up to that. I live under grace, God's grace which he so freely gives to those that seek and desire it and is free for all. I have experienced a change in my life that will never allow me to fall back under the bondage of slavery and sin. So why would I not try to uphold it's values and statutes in my life? "Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is Freedom..." (2 Cor. 3:17) I have been set free!!! I am free from Depression! Free from Anxiety! Free from Despair! FREE!! It's up to me to choose whether or not to walk in that Freedom every day! I choose everyday and everything it takes to keep walking that road.

Jesus criticized Pharisees and hypocrites. He went into the sinner's homes and preached in the worst places to Jew and Gentile. He spoke to women! That was a taboo thing back in his day. Let's relate that to today. How would the Lord have handled preaching to the masses in 2014? You would probably see him in a gay bar ministering to the homosexual..in the thick of it. He would probably be at the table of politicians talking God's economy. He would be sharing the well of living water with prostitutes coming out of the strip clubs. He would still be healing the sick and doing miracles just as He has and is doing today. Except this time, we as a body of believers are the hands and feet of Jesus. We are responsible to share His good news. We are to witness to those hurting, lost and confused. No Christian should ever think more highly of himself than he ought to. We are no better than anyone.

So don't judge me for doing my job. If you feel judged, perhaps it is because you feel convicted. I am not un-relateable, nor am I untouchable. People can come up to me and I will pray for them, love them and encourage them. That fact will never change. God has put within me a heart for women and I will do the best to my God-given ability to minister to them despite the critics and the nay-sayers. So ladies, let's fasten our seat belts and go on this wild ride together. The ride of a lifetime...being a woman of God that will make the forces of hell shake when we get out of bed.
 "Our fight is not against people on earth. 
We are fighting against the rulers and authorities
 and the powers of this world’s darkness. We are fighting 
against the spiritual powers of evil in the heavenly places." 
Ephesians 6:12

This incredible song called "How Can it Be?" by Lauren Daigle is a song from what the heart of Mary Magdalene might have sounded like.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment