Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Changing Seasons + Sweet Jesus Mnistries

This post was originally written for a website called Sweet Jesus Ministries that I am a monthly contributor for. I hope you are blessed and encouraged to read this during your own season of transition.

For everything there is a season…God has made everything beautiful for its own time.
Ecclesiates 3:1,11


 
It’ s spring! Finally glorious spring with its warmer days of sitting on the front porch reading a good book, and drinking a glass of sweet tea have come! The days of planning summer vacations, gardening, and getting outside more- soaking in those warm rays of sunshine- have me excited for this season too. 

Why? Because it has been a long, hard winter for me and my family. After moving to North Carolina last fall, we all went through a transitional period that was a lot more difficult than I thought. Homesickness settled in, financial difficulties, home renovations taking longer than expected and the kids being slow to make friends had us in fits at different times. But as we learned to lean on God through it all we also grew stronger as a family.  Read more here...

No comments:

Post a Comment