Friday, March 25, 2016

Waiting for Sunday


Have you felt like running away or giving up? Have you ever sought a friend that you knew was going to give you the answer you were looking for? Have you ever wondered if you crept away from some of your obligations quietly no one would notice? Have you ever been overwhelmed by the task set before you?
I certainly have! As a wife, mom, blogger, college student, bible study leader, volunteer and all the many other hats I wear…life can get pretty crazy. You look at my schedule and you might think there really is nothing negative or hard, it’s really just the juggling of it all that gets a bit out of hand.
But what about the really hard things that you have to deal with day in and day out? Like caring for a child with special needs or an older parent with a failing memory, to name a few. Maybe you are struggling through a diagnosis or navigating through a messy marriage. Or perhaps you might also be going through something I have recently been dealing with- transitioning from a bustling city to a small coastal town across the country and missing your family and friends like crazy searching for the slightest bit of familiarity.
There were plenty of times I wanted to say “Alright, this is getting to be choppy waters here, kids, let’s load up and head back to Texas.” But, that never happened. Oh man! Did I wish it had sometimes! But, I knew that God was working something in me and my family that He wasn’t going to let me or they give up on so easily. I know it sounds crazy, but I have had to talk myself into staying here…several times! Why would I do that? Because I know I am walking in God’s will. I can’t really describe it; I can’t really even explain it that well. I just know through different confirmations in my spirit, that the Moore family is where we are supposed to be.
This move was ordained by God, all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be” as it says in Psalm 139:16. And so were yours. That illness didn’t take God by surprise. That beautiful child you hold in your lap that looks at you with those big, hopeful eyes was a gift from God, not an accident. That marriage that makes you want to scream at the top of your lungs at your husband is going to be used to minister to another couple facing the same issues one day. I understand. It’s hard to see the end when we are still wading through the middle.
Even Jesus had these same feelings when faced with seemingly insurmountable pain that he knew he would have to endure at the cross. I even imagine he might have been staving off something similar to a panic or anxiety attack when He was in the Garden of Gethsemane. When he was there with Peter, James and John, the Bible says “he began to be sorrowful and troubled. Then he said to them, “My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me” Matthew 26:37-38. It sounds to me that he was having a hard time keeping it together.
So why am I sharing this with you? Because when I read this passage in the Bible I am reminded what a relatable God we serve. For Jesus to endure what it was like to be God, but also human at the same time, I know He must have experienced those same emotions, good and bad, as well. He sees our concern, our fears and our worries. He sees it all and He’s felt it all. You see, Jesus even goes so far as to say, “My Father, if there is any way, get me out of this” in Matthew 26: 39 (MSG).
Even Jesus in all of his glorious splendor wanted to know if there was a way out. But He knew for our sake, there wasn’t. Sometimes we are tempted to give in right before we breakthrough. But here’s the thing, breakthrough is coming. Jesus knew that although He would have to suffer tremendous pain…Resurrection Sunday was coming. He knew He wouldn’t be in that grave long. It would only be to serve the purpose of defeating death and taking back the keys of hell and establishing to the world that He is the LIVING Son of God. Your difficulties serve a purpose too. Your breakthrough is coming. Easter Sunday is on its way.
I want to encourage you today. Don’t give up! God hasn’t given up on you. When Jesus continues to pray one more time He says “My Father, if there is no other way than this, drinking this cup to the dregs, I’m ready. Do it your way” Matthew 26:42 (MSG).
His way is the best way. It will build resiliency while at the same time building hope. It will refine you like a fire while strengthening your faith. It will make you reach the end of yourself, so you can reach up to Him. You will have days when you feel you are at your weakest so only then can His strength be made perfect!
 You are not alone. Your breakthrough is coming. Easter Sunday is on its way. Let that symbolize to you today, the new life God has promised, waiting on the other side of the current trial you are facing.
I am praying for you and I would encourage you to pray for me. Jesus didn’t shy away from asking his disciples to pray for Him during His hour of need. So if that is you, and you feel like you are standing in your own Garden of Gethsemane right now. Comment below, so that I can pray for you and the others reading this today can also lift you up.

No comments:

Post a Comment