Monday, December 1, 2014

Living the Inspired Life

"Teach us to realize how short our lives are. Then our hearts will become wise."
(Psalm 90:12 NIRV)

As a blogger/author I live an inspired life. What do I mean by that? Well every week I sit here on a Monday and pour out what's on my heart (one of the reasons I call the blog, "My Heart's Song"). I wrote Arm Yourself because God made me. Really He did! I even went about 6 months during the year and a half writing process without touching it. During that time, my laptop seemed to be staring at me through it's one apple eye and my husband asked me when I would pick it back up again. I had friends/family ask "Almost done with that book yet?" I would answer, "No, I haven't been feeling inspired lately. During those times my inspiration felt a bit dried up.

But normally through every situation, I will look at it as a learning curve, a lesson to be taught, a hidden meaning, or a reason I can't see in that moment why things work out the way they do. This is all apart of what  I call "living the inspired life". I think hmmm...should I write this down, would this make a good blog or maybe I should put that in a book some day. Sometimes it gets to be a burden when I am bombarded with over analyzing things or pondering too much sometimes. Does anyone else's brain work that way? Or am I the only one?

You don't have to have your name on any published work or write a weekly blog to live the inspired life. You can live life inspired by the God who created our minds, as fragile and intricate as they may be, to dream, to ponder and to imagine things bigger, better and beautiful! My most creative times is when my head is buried not just in any book but in His book. That is where my motivation to write comes from, it is where answers jump out at me and it is where I find healing and power in certain situations I may be facing. 

I feel recently that I have been faced with dealing with my mortality lately. With the passing of my grandfather, my grandmother has had to lose her home and most of her stuff in order to move into an assisted living home, all in the matter of a month. It has been not only a lot for her to go through but a lot for me to consider, also. I have faced the passing of other grandparents before and when they went...they went gracefully, they were ready. But different people face death differently and it has been a complete 180 experience with my maternal grandparents. 

I read Psalm 92:12-15 and it says:
The righteous will flourish like a palm tree,
they will grow like a cedar of Lebanon;
planted in the house of the Lord,
they will flourish in the courts of our God.
They will still bear fruit in old age,
they will stay fresh and green,
proclaiming "the Lord is upright;
he is my Rock..."

My prayer is that when I grow older and as I continue living this inspired life, that He will continue to inspire me... to inspire you. I hope that even in my old age I will still bear fruit as the above verse states. 

The first step in doing all of this is in doing what Psalm 90:12 says, "Teach us to realize how short our lives are.Then our hearts will become wise." Our lives are but a breath on this Earth. So let's not allow the material things or media or society's demands keep our attention off of where it is suppose to be. When I am old I pray that my health or any loss of loved ones won't keep my attention off of where it should be. No matter young or old, our eyes need to stay FIXED on Jesus. I don't want to whither away like a poorly planted tree but flourish like that of "a cedar of Lebanon; planted in the House of the Lord".

I leave with you with this...A piece of paper given me by one of the old men in my grandmother's assisted living home that hand's out scriptures everyday...


"Make life a mission not an intermission."
Set your minds on things above; not on earthly things. Colossians 3:2 

Good, Good Father by HouseFires
 


No comments:

Post a Comment