Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Hot or Cold?

In response to the Chik- Fil-A Appreciation Day:

To the LA Times article I read earlier today- Anyone that knows me, knows I come from an extremely diverse family both in lifestyle and personal beliefs. Anyone who thinks I haven't walked anywhere in these issues shoes, has no idea! 

But let's look at this issue for what it is. The founder of Chick fil A is being blasted for his personal values and belief system, just as the homosexual community is. It is not right for either side to slander and ridicule. If you claim yourself to be a Christian, you know what the Bible says about homosexuality but also about drunkenness and sleeping around. Take it or leave it. Don't pick and choose which passages you want to believe in and those you don't. Either be hot or cold. 

This is no surprise about Chick Fil A, they have been closed on Sundays for years, they have supported Christian organizations for years. Perhaps it wasn't well known to some but now you know. Christians haven't died out. We're still here alive and well raising up a new generation on the same biblical principles the Cathy's believe. You need to stand up for something, or you'll fall for anything. The narrow-mindedness of the Christians who want to hate an entire community for their beliefs are not walking in love. That is what we are all about, love..." Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love" 1 John 4:8. So for those "Christians" I apologize for. I am sorry they have put a bad taste in your mouth. But that is not how we are suppose to operate as a body of Christ. 

I just want to set the record straight that this is more of a free speech issue. The day I can not stand up and say. "I love Jesus, believe He is the Son of God and am proud I live in a country that allows me to worship in spirit and truth" will be a dark day. I refuse to be silenced, I refuse to be stereotyped.




No comments:

Post a Comment